Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Rocking Chair

It was noontime today when I was sitting in our living room, watching TV, that I felt like my chair was rocking. I didn't move for a while, not sure of what was happening, only my eyes were just moving, looking around until I saw the fancy decors hanging above the TV, swaying back and forth. Was it an earthquake? At first I didn't know but I have a feeling it was. I went upstairs and asked my mom if she felt it and told her that I think there was an earthquake. I'm not really sure about it so she opened the radio immediately. I went downstairs, still confused, asking myself if I was delusional. I can see the fancy decors still moving but about to stop already. I thought it was just the wind, but the windows were closed. So I went upstairs again and told my mom that it was really an earthquake and true enough it was. An Intensity 3 quake hit Manila while Intensity 2 in Quezon City. The epicenter was 77 kilometers from Lingayen, Pangasinan. According to Punongbayan it is unlikely to cause a tsunami or even stronger aftershocks. Thank God that the Magnitude was only 5.4 and there wasn't any reports of damage or injury...

***The Philippine archipelago lies along the Pacific "Ring of Fire," where earthquakes and volcanic activities are common.

0 ang Nagreact: